Grade 9 - Academic & Career Planning
- Academic Binder Implementation
- Learning Proper note taking/Cornel Notes
- Creation of student portfolios
- Creation of a four year academic plan
- Setting attainable short and long-term academic and career goals
- Begin college and career research
Grade 10 & 11- Panting the Seed into Interest
Continue developing student portfolios.
Draft a cover letter and Resume
Revisit their four year academic plan:
- Choosing class that align to the plan
- Credits needed to graduate
- Understanding their personal school transcripts
- Change plan as-needed
- College Research
- Working with the Office of Industry Liaison for Internship and job shadowing opportunities
- Exploring extra-curricular activities
- Social-emotional programming
- Attending health/personal development workshops
Grade 12 - The Senior Academy
The IHSCA Senior Academy will receive an array wide-ranging initiative focused on preparing students for post-secondary realization and or preparation into vocational avenues. The purpose of this year is to provide student life ready skills that will allow them to explore, plan and prepare for life after high school. Senior year will be implemented into two part:
- Planning and applying to colleges and post-secondary schools: Students participate in every phase of college preparation and planning-researching and matching with colleges, writing person statements, submitting applications and financial aid forms.
- Strengthen and develop post-secondary life skills, understanding campus life, college issues, vocational and trade school interest, and financial literacy/education.